JDS Consulting, Raleigh, NC growing engineering firm is seeking to add a position in the Charlotte market. We are seeking individuals to work in our Construction Field Inspection Department on local projects.
Our preferred candidates will have 3+ years of field engineering experience or 3+ years of construction management experience. Job focus will be on soil / structural inspections and reporting. Company phone, vehicle, and gas card will be provided. All full-time employees at JDS are salaried. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Required education: 2 year / 4 year degree in engineering technology or engineering preferred but not required if applicant has relevant experience
- Required experience: 3+ years of field engineering experience or 3+ years of construction management experience
- Soil and Material Testing: 1 year
- Required license or certification: ACI / NCDOT
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, solid math skills, and reliability.
- Provide detailed daily reports of observations.
- Observe work and verify compliance with plans and specifications.
- Interact and communicate effectively with client representatives.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Candidate(s) will be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, in addition to hazards at construction sites, including heights, heavy equipment and possible highway traffic.
- Must be able to stand and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
- Excellent benefits plan paid 100% by JDS after 60 days of employment
- 15 Paid days off per year, plus sick days
- Full Medical & Dental Coverage for Employees
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Retirement Plan